BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.06.2008

2008.

it's a new year! and i can't even begin to imagine what God has in store for the upcoming months. i'm learning that there's nothing i can trust in other than the Lord. imagine that... but seriously, nothing is certain, so we just have to close our eyes, open our hands, and hold tight to Him. i can't even begin to wrap my mind around where i will be in one year, but here is an abbreviated version of my new year's resolutions:

the typical.. eat healthier. work out. (we'll see....)

cook at least one meal from a new recipe each week. it's time to broaden my horizons and practice some cooking skills!

live more SIMPLY.

recycle more!!!

continue with piano lessons. and practice.

intentionally serve and love others more and more.

and i'll leave you with these words from an old hymn:

"Lord, guide my wandering feet.
Draw me to thy mercy seat.
Not to trust but sovereign grace.
Thou only art my hiding place.

But when thy Spirit shines within.
And makes me feel the plague of sin.
And how I long to see they face.
'Cause then I want a hiding place.

Lord, Jesus, shine and then
I can feel sweetness in salvation's plan.
And as a sinner, plead for grace.
Christ the sinner's hiding place."

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I TOTALLY trust your ability to rock the blue eyeshadow. I wear purple all the time so I'm not dissin!! I was referring to people who 50 years old, middle-aged and slightly overweight - my advice to those ladies is to steer clear of the blue pastel. I wish I had a picture to show you what I'm talking about!! :) Love ya!

Steph