BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.03.2008

looking through rose-colored lenses.

i'm updating! get excited. ;)

i am currently reading a book called "The Working Poor". it's basically about the people in america that work all of their lives and are never able to rise above to end to end the cycle of poverty. it's made me think lately about my personal view of the world. i think that at this point in my life, i have a very idealized view of the world. i want to think that i can make a huge difference and fix all the problems of society. ok.. maybe not that idealized, but i do feel that i can do something. i wonder if everyone feels so powerful at some point in their lives, or if i seem to surround myself with friends that share my views. i'm afraid that i'm going to enter the world with this great ambition, only to become weary and disoriented by the harsh realities of poverty and the hardness of people. i suppose i'll just have to set my eyes forward and trust in what the Lord works through me and not allow myself to become discouraged by failure. He will work as He chooses.

sorry.. i'm boring.

0 comments: