BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

2.06.2010

my husband, the comedian.

Ben is such a great counterpart for me. I get so serious sometimes, and he makes me chill out and remember to laugh. I remember a conversation with my roommates in college about the number one thing we want in our husbands. Both of theirs was 'funny'. That's the one thing they most required. A man that could make them laugh. They were shocked when I told them that trait wasn't even on my radar. I needed a thinker. A smart man. Someone 'deep'. I couldn't be more grateful that I was wrong and that God blessed me with a man that is not only smart, but really funny.

For example, we were getting Mr. Bruce spiffed up (ya know... like an oil change) at Pet Smart. While we were waiting for the nice lady to finish his 'pawdicure', we were looking for a new toy for him since he has pretty much chewed all of his up. We came across a chocolate flavored bone chew toy. I thought it was kind of weird, but Ben's reaction was much stronger. "That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. That's like making a toy for kids that tastes like gasoline so that whenever they come across the real thing, they eat it right up since it's a TREAT." Now I don't know if that's gonna translate, but it was hilarious in that moment.

Also, you have not experienced 'The Bachelor' at its best if you have not watched it with Mr. Garcia. I hope I always think he is as funny as I do now. I'm learning that laughter is the best medicine and life is so much more fun if you laugh hard and often. More evidence that God knows better than I what is best for my life. A truth filled with peace.

0 comments: